August 5, 2015

Belleisle Creek No.2 (Marven)







I don't know what it is about this bridge, but I love it - maybe that fact that it is located on Swamp Road ("What's in a name...?"), or that the scenery was so interesting on the drive there, or that it was just a perfect July afternoon?  I set out to find this bridge and Millstream bridge at Centreville on the same day, which made for a good pairing.  

I recommend getting to it via Route 875/Belleisle Rd. south of Belleisle Creek on Route 870.  I lucked out and found it without going in circles, but not because it was well posted and straightforward.  If you were to take the Swamp Road south from Elmbrook, you would probably run into trouble, as the road was deeply rutted and barely passable in an SUV when I drove beyond the bridge up Swamp Road from the south end.  And this was in mid-summer.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share stories, comments, and point out any errors you find in these posts so that they can be corrected.